This week on the Julie Laughton Living Podcast, Julie is discussing Outdoor Entertaining, Taking Notes of What Works and Doesn’t Work!
As a designer, I believe that outdoor entertaining spaces should be inviting, comfortable, and functional. When designing an outdoor entertaining space, there are a few key factors to consider:
- The size of the space. How much space do you have to work with? If you have a large backyard, you may be able to accommodate a dining table, a seating area, and even a fire pit. If you have a smaller space, you may need to be more selective about your furniture and accessories.
- The climate. Where do you live? If you live in a warm climate, you can get away with using lighter-weight furniture and fabrics. If you live in a colder climate, you’ll need to choose furniture and fabrics that can withstand the elements.
- The style of your home. What style is your home? If you have a traditional home, you’ll want to choose outdoor furniture and accessories that complement the style of your home. If you have a more modern home, you can get away with using more contemporary furniture and accessories.
- The purpose of the space. What will you be using the space for? If you’re planning on using the space for formal dining, you’ll need to choose different furniture than if you’re planning on using the space for casual entertaining.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start to put together your outdoor entertaining space. Here are a few tips for setting your space for optimal entertainment:
- Choose comfortable furniture. You want your guests to be able to relax and enjoy themselves, so make sure the furniture is comfortable.
- Add plenty of seating. You don’t want your guests to be fighting over a place to sit, so make sure there’s enough seating for everyone.
- Include a variety of seating options. Not everyone likes to sit in a chair, so include a variety of seating options, such as benches, chaise lounges, and beanbags.
- Provide plenty of shade. If you live in a warm climate, you’ll need to provide plenty of shade for your guests. You can do this with an awning, a pergola, or even just a few trees.
- Add some lighting. Good lighting is essential for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. You can use string lights, lanterns, or even candles to light up your space.
- Include some entertainment. If you want your guests to stay entertained, include some entertainment options, such as a fire pit, a TV, or a sound system.
By following these tips, you can create an outdoor entertaining space that is inviting, comfortable, and functional. Your guests will love spending time in your space, and you’ll be able to enjoy the outdoors all summer long.
3 Secrets to Success in a Man’s World
7 Simple Steps to a 5 Star Experience
CONNECT WITH JULIE
Design Build: www.julielaughton.com
Houzz – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – LinkedIn
ABOUT JULIE LAUGHTON: Julie’s passion is to build custom dream homes with timeless designs that match every client’s style and needs. She has been in the Design Build business for over thirty years. As a designer and general contractor, she oversees and executes all facets of the blueprints and build from conception to completion while providing a collaborative and stress-free process for each client. Julie has completed over 1,000 remodels and custom homes along the affluent coastal communities of Orange and LA County, Laguna Beach and Newport Beach as well as significant projects in Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Pasadena.